About Uncle Gus
Uncle Gus’ Marina and Resort has been satisfying customers and guests on Lake Whitney since 1952. Lake Whitney is known as the “Getaway Capital of Texas” and Uncle Gus’ Marina & Resort is the place to be on Lake Whitney.
The marina and resort is spread over 52 acres with beautiful shade trees and views of the lake. Uncle Gus’ offers 31 cabins and 31 RV sites surrounded by large live oak and cedar trees. Our Galley Grill restaurant, known for the legendary cheeseburger, is the perfect place to enjoy amazing food with great views of the lake.
Uncle Gus’ Marina & Resort has a full service marina with 144 covered wet slips, 10 uncovered wet slips, 60 dry storage units, 3 public launch ramps, a ship store and a full service Yamaha, Mercury dealership for everything from a tune-up to a major overhaul. The ship store offers an on the water fuel, boating essentials, ice cream, snacks, beer, and tobacco products. You can find anything and everything for water fun; including, renting pontoon boats, deck boats, fishing boats, and floats.
So whether you are looking for a day trip to Lake Whitney or wanting a full-scale vacation, we would love to accommodate you. Please call us today at 254-622-2276 to book your stay with one of our team members.
Lake Whitney is located about 30 miles north of Waco and 55 miles southwest of Dallas/Fort Worth in central Texas. It was one of the earliest recreational lakes built near the Dallas/Fort Worth area; completed in April 1951 as part of the Brazos River Conservation and Reclamation Program, it is maintained by the United States Army Corps of Engineers, Dallas/Fort Worth District.
It is a flood control reservoir on the main stem of the Brazos River in Texas. Brazos de Dios means “in the arms of God.” Lake Whitney is a large lake with 225 miles of shoreline and 37 square miles of coverage. Lake Whitney is 45 river miles long and is up to four miles wide at the widest point.
Basic Rules and Regulations
Please check with the main office to get a complete list of rules and regulations. Here are some general Uncle Gus guidelines:
- Obey any restrictions on fires. Fires may be limited or prohibited at certain times.
- Within Uncle Gus property and other recreation areas, fires may only be built in fire rings, stoves, grills, or fireplaces provided for that purpose.
- Be sure your fire is completely extinguished before leaving. Do not leave your fire unattended. You are responsible for keeping fires under control.
- Drivers must obey all traffic signs and operate their vehicles in accordance with posted regulations, and applicable Federal, State and local laws.
- Vehicles must be parked in designated areas only.
- Use of vehicles within the Uncle Gus property and other recreation areas is limited to entering or leaving those areas.
Pets and Animals
- Pets must be restrained or on a leash at all times while in developed recreation areas.
- Pets (except guide dogs) are not allowed in swimming areas or sanitary facilities.
- Use of fireworks or other explosives within the Uncle Gus property and other recreation areas is usually prohibited. Please check with the main office before use.
- Help prevent pollution by keeping garbage, litter, and foreign substances out of lakes, streams, and other waters.
- All garbage and litter must either be deposited in containers provided, or taken with you when you leave.