About Uncle Gus
Uncle Gus Marina and Resort has been satisfying customers and guests for over 50 years. Lake Whitney has been known as the “Getaway Capital of Texas” for many years and Uncle Gus’ is known for “Family Fun on Lake Whitney”.
We are a full service marina with 144 covered wet slips, 60 dry storage units, a 20,000 sq foot boat showroom, 2 public launch ramps, a fuel dock convenience store and a full service Yamaha, Mercury dealership for everything from a tune-up to a major overhaul.
Uncle Gus’ Marina offers great views of Lake Whitney while enjoying time with family and friends.
So, whether its boat rentals, boat service and repair, unique cabin lodging or RV rental sites, we offer what you need for your vacation, get together or reunion on beautiful Lake Whitney.
Lake Whitney is located about 30 miles north of Waco and 55 miles southwest of Dallas/Fort Worth in central Texas. It was one of the earliest recreational lakes built near the Dallas/Fort Worth area; completed in April 1951 as part of the Brazos River Conservation and Reclamation Program, it is maintained by the United States Army Corps of Engineers, Dallas/Fort Worth District.
It is a flood control reservoir on the main stem of the Brazos River in Texas. Brazos de Dios means “in the arms of God.” Lake Whitney is a large lake with 225 miles of shoreline and 37 square miles of coverage. Lake Whitney is 45 river miles long and is up to four miles wide at the widest point.
Basic Rules and Regulations
Please check with the main office to get a complete list of rules and regulations. Here are some general Uncle Gus guidelines:
- Obey any restrictions on fires. Fires may be limited or prohibited at certain times.
- Within Uncle Gus property and other recreation areas, fires may only be built in fire rings, stoves, grills, or fireplaces provided for that purpose.
- Be sure your fire is completely extinguished before leaving. Do not leave your fire unattended. You are responsible for keeping fires under control.
- Drivers must obey all traffic signs and operate their vehicles in accordance with posted regulations, and applicable Federal, State and local laws.
- Vehicles must be parked in designated areas only.
- Use of vehicles within the Uncle Gus property and other recreation areas is limited to entering or leaving those areas.
Pets and Animals
- Pets must be restrained or on a leash at all times while in developed recreation areas.
- Pets (except guide dogs) are not allowed in swimming areas or sanitary facilities.
- Use of fireworks or other explosives within the Uncle Gus property and other recreation areas is usually prohibited. Please check with the main office before use.
- Help prevent pollution by keeping garbage, litter, and foreign substances out of lakes, streams, and other waters.
- All garbage and litter must either be deposited in containers provided, or taken with you when you leave.