Uncle Gus’ Marina and Resort has been satisfying customers and guests on Lake Whitney since 1952. It is currently family-owned and operated by Lance and Deitra Deal. It has been Lance’s dream to own a marina and that dream became a reality in November of 2017 when he acquired Uncle Gus’. Lance and Deitra were married in the marina the following year. Together, with their family, they work endlessly to make Uncle Gus’ Marina & Resort the place to be on Lake Whitney.
The property was once three separate campgrounds which were consolidated by a previous owner into what is now known as Uncle Gus’ Marina & Resort.
The marina and resort are spread over 54 acres with 31 cabins and 31 RV full hook-up sites under a canopy of large live oak and cedar trees. Our full-service marina has 144 covered wet slips, 10 uncovered wet slips, 60 dry storage units, 3 public launch ramps, a ship store, and a full-service Mercury dealership for everything from a tune-up to a major overhaul.
Lance and Deitra added the Galley Grill restaurant in the fall of 2018. It is best known for the legendary cheeseburger and is the perfect place to enjoy amazing food with great views of the lake. They will also cook your catch, just catch it, clean it and the Galley Grill will do the rest. Make sure to try the fried Oreos while you are here.
Your Dream Vacation Awaits
Lake Whitney is located about 30 miles north of Waco and 55 miles southwest of Dallas/Fort Worth in central Texas. It was one of the earliest recreational lakes built near the Dallas/Fort Worth area; completed in April 1951 as part of the Brazos River Conservation and Reclamation Program, it is maintained by the United States Army Corps of Engineers, Dallas/Fort Worth District.
It is a flood control reservoir on the main stem of the Brazos River in Texas. Brazos de Dios means “in the arms of God.” Lake Whitney is a large lake with 225 miles of shoreline and 37 square miles of coverage. Lake Whitney is 45 river miles long and is up to four miles wide at the widest point.
BASIC RULES AND REGULATIONS
Please check with the main office to get a complete list of rules and regulations. Here are some general Uncle Gus guidelines:
- Obey any restrictions on fires. Fires may be limited or prohibited at certain times.
- Within Uncle Gus property and other recreation areas, fires may only be built in fire rings, stoves, grills, or fireplaces provided for that purpose.
- Be sure your fire is completely extinguished before leaving. Do not leave your fire unattended. You are responsible for keeping fires under control.
- Drivers must obey all traffic signs and operate their vehicles in accordance with posted regulations, and applicable Federal, State and local laws.
- Vehicles must be parked in designated areas only.
- Use of vehicles within the Uncle Gus property and other recreation areas is limited to entering or leaving those areas.
PETS AND ANIMALS
- Pets must be restrained or on a leash at all times while in developed recreation areas.
- Pets (except guide dogs) are not allowed in swimming areas or sanitary facilities.
- Use of fireworks or other explosives within the Uncle Gus property and other recreation areas is usually prohibited. Please check with the main office before use.
- Help prevent pollution by keeping garbage, litter, and foreign substances out of lakes, streams, and other waters.
- All garbage and litter must either be deposited in containers provided, or taken with you when you leave.